In this episode of Winning Through Culture, Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer sit down with Lance Collins, an Army Combat Veteran with 15 years of military experience. Lance is a leader, Financial Advisor, and Area Manager at Pinnacle Financial Partners. He is using his firsthand knowledge of the military and the transitional journey to the workforce to advocate for stronger support systems for veterans in the workplace.
Lance discusses army culture, making really good small decisions first, building a veteran-friendly culture, looking out for veterans, and highlighting organizations that look out for veterans. Namely Veterans Bridge Home and Heroes Center. This episode is all about supporting veterans in the workplace.
Key Takeaways from Supporting Veterans in the Workplace | Lance Collins
- The powerful act of listening to a veteran’s story can be a significant step in understanding their perspective and potentially providing the support they might need that day.
- Integrating core army values into the corporate culture can naturally lead to a respectful and well-rounded work environment.
- Make some really good small decisions first.
- Building a veteran-friendly workspace starts with an understanding and respectful acknowledgment of the unique experiences and strengths that veterans bring to the table.
- Why a job in financial services is a fitting career path for many veterans and why it was for Lance Collins.
- Related episodes: Mentorship Mini-Series | Constantly Seeking Inspiration with Thom Shea | Retired Navy Seal Thom Shea Talks Culture
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us