Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
A conversation about paying it forward through mentorship.
In this episode of Winning Through Culture, Amanda and Tim begin their mini-series on mentorship. They discuss what makes mentorship such an integral part of an organization’s culture and how it can be mutually beneficial for everyone involved. A mentor should be someone who can actively listen without judgment. This relationship is altruistic in nature compared to coaching, which is more transactional. A mentor is someone who passes on knowledge, skills, and experience freely. This trusted guidance can be a major building block in intentionally creating a culture that supports the team as a whole.
Mentorship in an organization starts with leadership. Creating a culture of mentorship means looking for opportunities to mentor others. That’s why fostering mentorship in a work environment sometimes involves facilitating those relationships by making the right connections. Finding the right kind of mentor is a key element of the process. “Right person, right seat” not only applies to the hiring process but also when selecting the right mentor. Those important relationships are vital to growing your organization in the right direction. Mentorship is an opportunity to be impactful in the lives of others.
- Active listening is an important quality of a mentor
- Seeking the right kind of mentor is key
- Promoting mentorship as a leader adds value to your organization
- Trust is built, not blindly given in mentorship
- A good mentor should be non-judgmental
- It is important to intentionally create a culture that fosters mentorship
- Scrutinizing prospective mentors is a critical part of the process
- Paying it forward through mentorship
- Related episodes to paying it forward through mentorship: How Mentorship Helps Build a Successful Culture with Lou Galletto | The Power of Mentorship with Jody Rhyne
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us