We “stand on the shoulders” of those that came before us.
In this episode of Winning Through Culture, Tim Flanagan is joined by the President and Chief Operating Officer of Midrex Technologies Inc., Steve Montague. Midrex Technologies is a Charlotte-based company that produces iron with the lowest possible carbon dioxide emissions. Steve says his company’s foremost purpose is to love and serve others. And a great way of serving others is through mentorship which is the topic of this ongoing mini-series.
This episode with Steve Montague centers around the reciprocal nature of mentorship. Both the mentor and mentee can benefit from constantly learning and growing together. When taking on a mentee, Steve says he pays special attention to trust in the relationship, openness of the mentee, and the potential of the mentee to learn quickly. A mentor will truly take the time to invest in the mentee by assessing their true potential.
A mentor not only shares successes but also failures. This kind of vulnerability is another important quality in a mentorship relationship that helps to form lasting bonds.
Mentorship is investing in the lives of others.
- Utilizing gifts to help others is the basis of mentorship
- Trust is foundational in a mentor-mentee relationship
- The potential to learn quickly is a valuable asset in a mentee
- Vulnerability is crucial in good leadership
- Sometimes growth can be uncomfortable
- A mentee must have the ability to be teachable
- Growth in leadership should be constant
- Related episodes: Mentorship Mini-Series | Constantly Seeking Inspiration with Thom Shea | Mentorship Mini-Series | Paying it Forward Through Mentorship
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Guest
Connect with Us