Elevating people to be the best versions of themselves.
In this episode, Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer reflect on what makes an organization a Best Place to Work. They discuss what it takes to achieve the title of ‘Best Places to Work’ and how to identify prospective employees that fit that mold (that culture). Amanda uses the analogy of a home inspection during the hiring process. Tim and Amanda also offer the suggestion that the potential employee should take the time to interview and scrutinize the prospective employer. There are, of course, no perfect employers or employees, so mistakes must be anticipated. However, it is how one responds to the mistake or failure that is truly important. And it is up to the employer to create opportunities for growth that has the greatest impact on employees.
Honest self-assessment of where a company is and where it’s going is a key factor for success. And with outside influences like COVID-19, managing energy in a hybrid workplace (post-COVID-19) can be challenging. A team of employees can make or break your business because people are energy — with that, it is critical to make sure the right person gets put in the right seat. This episode is all about becoming the best version of yourself. And it’s up to the leaders in the organization to create the space to help make that happen.
Key Takeaways from Becoming the Best Version of Yourself
- Identifying ‘Best Places to Work’
- Inspecting and scrutinizing employers during the hiring process
- People are energy in the workplace
- Challenges of a hybrid workplace in a post-COVID world
- Focus on investing in people
- Promoting positive energy through a leadership approach
- Celebration of success
- No workplace is perfect, so how do you respond when mistakes are made?
- You often learn more from failures than successes
- Setting clear goals and boundaries
- Finding the right person and putting them in the right seat
- Related episodes to becoming the best version of yourself and best places to work: Best Places to Work | The Science, The Trends, The Intentionality | Best Places to Work | Enabling Employees with Jarod Latch of Spiracle Media | Best Places to Work | Jeff Haney: A Shift From Perks to Purpose
- Books Mentioned in this Episode: Failing Forward by John Maxwell
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us