Jeff Haney talked about it numerous times in this episode: the importance of active listening when communicating with employees. With that mindset, Jeff founded the ECM Foundation. A foundation created to promote employee togetherness while giving back to the community.
Jeff Haney joins Tim Flanagan in this episode of Winning through Culture. Jeff is president of ECM Solutions, which is one of the largest independently owned insurance agencies in the Carolinas. They have offices in Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC with about 80 valued employees. Jeff is obviously passionate about the people he employs. Nine years ago Jeff helped found the ECM Foundation, which is a charitable organization with a committee that is made up of ECM employees. The foundation gives back to local charities and hosts fundraisers that promote employee togetherness while giving back to the community. Listen in while Jeff Haney gives us a glimpse of what he calls one magical ride.
In this episode of Winning Through Culture, we discuss:
- Believing in your vision
- Applying core principles in the hiring process
- Being relational instead of transactional
- Working together to build something bigger than yourself
- Constantly working to maintain Best Places to Work status (BPtW)
- Fostering culture
- Community outreach as a means of engaging people
- Active listening and remaining transparent with employees despite challenges
- The importance of hiring someone who is first a fit culturally
- Acting with integrity
- Books mentioned: Who Not How by Dan Sullivan & Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- Related episodes: Best Places to Work | The Science, The Trends, The Intentionality | Jordan Raynor | Dissent From the Kingdom of Noise
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Guest
Connect with Us