In this episode of Winning Through Culture, co-hosts Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer discuss a topic vital to the modern workspace — authenticity and vulnerability in the workplace. As culture leaders, Tim and Amanda share their experiences and insights into the delicate balance that comes with opening it up to feedback you may or may not be ready for.
Tim and Amanda unpack the challenges and upsides of fostering a culture of authenticity and vulnerability in the workplace. This includes how differing views can lead to resentment, how to manage high-performing individuals who may not align with the organization’s culture, and how culture, in essence, is not about words displayed on a wall but is a feeling embedded within the workforce. They also shed light on transparency, underscoring the importance of creating a safe space for employees where they can express their thoughts and concerns without fear.
- Understanding authenticity and vulnerability in the workplace
- Managing resentment that may arise from differing views within a transparent culture
- Handling high performers who may not align with the organization’s culture
- The significance of creating a safe space for employees
- Extending the organizational culture beyond the physical office space
- The value of vulnerability in addressing uncomfortable truths and sharing performance insights
- Conducting crucial conversations to foster trust and understanding
- Building trust through authentic and clear communication, consistent behavior, and honoring one’s word
- Related episodes: Greatest Hits | Retired Navy Seal Thom Shea Talks Culture | Cultivating Culture in a Post COVID-19 World
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us