In this episode of Winning Through Culture, Tim Flanagan is honored to sit down with D.J. Vanas, an internationally-acclaimed speaker and bestselling author. With a unique perspective that draws from the Native American warrior spirit, D.J. shares insights from his book “The Warrior Within,” highlighting the profound importance of unity, purpose, and continuous dialogues about values and goals, not only within tribal communities but also in today’s business world.
D.J. Vanas provides lessons for leaders to exude control and poise, notably through embracing quiet moments at the start of the day and processing emotions with mindfulness. Moreover, D.J. stresses the significance of forging a supportive network and the immeasurable value of having the right people in your inner circle. Taking inspiration from Jim Rohn, they discuss the powerful impact of the closest people in one’s life, shedding light on the misleading portrayals of expertise on social media.
Key Takeaways from Ignite the Warrior Within | D.J. Vanas
- Champion ongoing dialogues about culture and values to foster unity and clarity within an organization.
- Embrace the power of introspection and tranquility at the start of each day for mental clarity.
- Cultivate the ability to process emotions mindfully, especially during challenging moments.
- Surround oneself with a supportive network of individuals who uplift, guide, and challenge you.
- Acknowledge the transformative role of collaboration, community, and mutual trust in personal and organizational growth.
- Harness the warrior spirit’s attributes—mental toughness, resilience, and self-care—to lead with courage and grace.
- Be intentional in nurturing a culture of contribution, service, and continuous learning.
- There’s an incredible potential for nurturing a playful spirit, seeking input, cultivating trust, and being unafraid to seek help.
- Book Mentioned in this Episode: “The Warrior Within” by D.J. Vanas
- Related episodes to Ignite the Warrior Within | D.J. Vanas: Pursuing Purposeful Productivity with Best-Selling Author, Jordan Raynor | Sharing the Message By Living the Message with C12 Founder, Buck Jacobs
About D.J. Vanas: D.J. Vanas is an inspiration to audiences worldwide, from Fortune 500 giants to over 7,000 crowds. D.J.’s mastery lies in tapping into the timeless principles of the Native American warrior spirit, translating them into actionable insights that lead today’s businesses. His talks have left their mark on organizations like Intel, P&G, Subaru, Accenture, USAA, Walt Disney, NASA, and even The White House. Be it the leaders of tomorrow or top-tier leaders in global companies, D.J. ensures his audience leaves with lessons, memorable stories, and a lot of humor.
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us