In this episode of Winning Through Culture, we had the pleasure of speaking with Lisa Bonta Sumii, CEO and founder of AthMindset. Lisa shared her insights on the importance of mental health in sports and business performance. We explored the need for mental coaching, funding for mental health awareness initiatives, and the transferability of skills used by athletes into business and entrepreneurship.
About | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | host of the Athlete Mindset podcast
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
Key Takeaways from Prioritizing Mental Health in Sports and Business with Lisa Bonta Sumii:
- Break down mental health myths and encourage open communication to create a supportive environment.
- Advocate for mental performance coaches for entrepreneurs and business leaders to improve their mental well-being and performance.
- Invest in funds that make mental health resources accessible to everyone.
- Foster a collaborative approach that involves employee input when making mental health decisions within the organization.
- Prioritize employee well-being as an ongoing investment for the organization’s success.
- Utilize the roses and thorns feedback system to identify areas of strength and improvement within the organization.
- Encourage mental rehearsal and routine building to improve the mental well-being of employees.
- Offer opportunities for reflection and personal growth, fostering a supportive culture.
- Highlight the transferability and value of athletes’ skills in the corporate world and other industries.
- Facilitate conversations on the applicability of athlete’s skills beyond sports and encourage athletes to prepare for life after sports.
- Related episodes to Prioritizing Mental Health in Sports and Business with Lisa Bonta Sumii: Mentorship Mini-Series | Paying it Forward Through Mentorship | Core Value 1: Growth
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred Podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us
- Tim Flanagan: LinkedIn, Instagram
- Amanda Kramer: LinkedIn
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | Website