In this episode of Winning Through Culture, Tim Flanagan is joined by three prominent figures from the Charlotte Latinx community, Cheri Lujan, Karen Bardales, and Mauricio Tandazo. All three individuals are proud members of the Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA) and also serve on the Board of Directors. ALPFA is the longest-standing Latino organization with a robust membership of 116,000 members. ALPFA’s mission has always been to empower and develop Latino men and women as leaders of character for the nation, across every sector of the global economy.
In this conversation, Cheri, Karen, and Mauricio reflect on ALPFA’s significant influence on their personal and professional trajectories. Throughout the dialogue, the central themes of mentorship, networking, and the power of support in career growth shine brightly. This is an episode focused on financial empowerment in the Latino community and how leaders can build a culture that is supportive of all those involved.
The episode uncovers the pivotal role of organizations in championing diversity and inclusion. It emphasizes the imperative need to provide essential resources and mentorship opportunities for Latino leaders. The conversation includes information about the Latino community’s substantial contribution to the U.S. economy, backed by the Metro Latino GDP report. This report underlines the increasing Latino homeownership, especially in areas like Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Metro Latino GDP report | A detailed look at the economic contribution of Latinos in the United States. The report estimates the U.S. Latino GDP using public data from major U.S. agencies.
- The transformative role of ALPFA in guiding and nurturing Latino leaders.
- The importance of mentorship, networking, and community support for career growth.
- Organizations’ pivotal role in fostering diversity, inclusivity, and providing resources.
- The mutually beneficial relationship between supporting the Latino community and corporate growth.
- The rising trend in Latino homeownership and its implications.
- The challenges faced by Latino professionals and the ways they overcome them.
- The essence of proactive leadership and community involvement in shaping the future of the Latino community.
- Related episodes to this ALPFA episode: Building a Culture of Unity and Equality with Neal Petersen | Fostering Organizational Success with HR Expert, Lila Ressler
MORE ABOUT ALPFA
ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals For America) was the first national Latino professional association in the United States, established in Los Angeles in 1972. Throughout its 51-year history, it has experienced steady growth and demonstrated consistent value. ALPFA continues to build upon its proud legacy with a mission: To empower and develop Latino men and women as leaders of character for the nation, in every sector of the global economy.
ALPFA currently serves more than 116,000+ professional and student members across the country – a number it plans to grow aggressively within the next two years. In addition to networking and professional leadership development opportunities, its members have access to 50,000 paid summer internships through hundreds of Fortune 1000 corporate partners. ALPFA aspires to be the business partner of choice for companies seeking to hire and develop Latino talent.
ALPFA | website
Tune into Winning Through Culture on your preferred podcast platform
About Winning Through Culture
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for an entrepreneur to stay impactful and relevant.
That’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the dynamic minds of Tim Flanagan and Amanda Kramer to give you expertise, insight, and tips so that you can remain impactful and relevant.
With Tim and Amanda’s experience and desire to plant knowledge in the business leaders around them, we hope you will take this podcast into your everyday life as an upcoming entrepreneur.
This genuine content will provide you with opportunities, relationships, and a community to expand your personal and professional growth.
Let’s create a winning culture together!
Connect with Us
- Tim Flanagan: LinkedIn, Instagram
- Amanda Kramer: LinkedIn
- Cheri Lujan | Karen Bardales | Mauricio Tandazo